Learning Management System (LMS) administration is an under-appreciated job. When you get it right, no one notices. When you get it wrong, your phone rings off the hook. In this course, we will not only teach you the skills that will ensure you “get it right,” we will show you tools, tips, and techniques that, when properly applied, can drastically reduce your workload. Whether you work with the freeware Moodle or an advanced Cloud-based LMS (like this one), certain core principles apply.
If you are just starting out as an LMS administrator, this course is a must.
Topics we will discuss include:
- LMS terminology and standards.
- Learning Management versus Content Management.
- Traditional LMS capabilities and limitations.
- Comparing LMS products.
- Considerations in launching a new LMS.
- Interface configuration considerations.
- Designing course content for the LMS (including HTML5, responsive, curated, gamification, and Virtual Reality (VR)/Augmented Reality
- Course identification strategies.
- Source file management.
- Course maintenance processes.
- Content categorization.
- User and group management.
- Course completion certification and tracking.
- Working with creators.
- Working with end users.
- Employment prospects and interest groups.
- LMS future state.
Time: About 8 hours.
Venue: All courses are presented online via Adobe Connect.
Completion: Numbered certificate provided.
Tom is a Learning & Development consultant with more than 20 years of experience in the training field. An ex-journalist and author of more than a dozen textbooks, Dell strives to make complicated or mundane subjects approachable and easy to understand.
All Courses, Free & Public Service, Self-Paced
Welcome to the World of eLearning
This course is by Adobe® and built in Captivate®. We are sharing this demonstration with you so that you can get some idea of the look and feel of the courseware this tool produces, as well as general information useful to both clients and designers.