Lesson 1: Medical Coding Overview
- Define the purpose of medical codes.
- Relate how ICD codes are used, and by whom.
- Recognize ICD-10 code structures and subsets.
- Describe the role and attributes of medical coders.
Lesson 2: ICD-10 Medical Coding and Terminology
- Recognize common medical terms.
- Recognize medical term prefixes.
- Recognize medical terms suffixes.
- Recognize medical terms root words.
- Combine vowels and letters.
- Deconstruct medical terms.
- Pronounce medical terms.
Lesson 3: ICD-10 Medical Coding and Anatomy
- Recognize the biological systems in the human body.
- Recognize the functions, key components, and conditions or diseases of each biological system.
- Match each biological system with the corresponding ICD-10-CM code range.
- Match each biological system with the corresponding ICD-10-PCS Section and Body System codes.
Time: About 60 minutes.