This course is designed to get our students up and running with the software in advance of an "in-world" event. It is also a great resource for anyone who is curious about Second Life and would appreciate a little guidance.
Since 2006, Scion Networks has been working and playing in Second Life® (SL™), which boasts around 600,000 active "residents." It has proven to be a great way to provide training because of its:
- Strong vendor support with regular updates.
- Free user accounts.
- Relatively modest hardware requirements.
- Global accessibility.
- Integrated communications resources, including text chat, audio chat, voice modification, and language translation.
- Integrated presentation resources, including streaming audio, video, and Web content.
- Built-in 3D authoring tools, providing the ability to mock up real world locations and situations.
- Real-time instructor and student interactivity.